Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using CW with a remote Flex6400 and SmartLINK ...

Options

My 6400 is 2680 miles away and I enjoy using my radio via SmartLINK.

I recently wanted to try out CW and clicked on CWX. Although I can hear the sidetone locally when I tell it to send, the remote radio is NOT sending the code properly.

I monitored the TX using a nearby WebSDR and what I heard was NOT recognizable Morse code. More like clicks, and nothing, and ???.

The virtual power meter shows that RF is being sent but it doesn't seem to match the code. I tried at 25 wpm (my normal speed) then at 18 wpm with the same results.

So my questions are:

• Can I operate my remote in CW using SmartLINK, the keyboard, and setting the radio to CWX & CW mode?
  • If so, what am I missing?

Tagged:

Comments

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Which software version are you using?

Bill W9JJB

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

My guess is that your radio requires rebooting.

Also, make sure you are at the latest version 2 or v3 and then test it again.

I use CWX a lot and it has been fine over SmartLink

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.