Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX error

Options
N5KD
N5KD Member
edited March 2023 in DAX
I've never been able to get DAX working and want to use it with RemoteHamRadio.
I get this error message...

An error has occured while trying to open a DAX sound device. The following fault condition may apply.
-A red X on the Windows Task Bar speaker icon indicated the absence of a default audio playback device (speakers) which is required for DAX to operate properly.
-The DAX driver may not be properly installed.
-Another application has exclusive use of a Reserved DAX sound device.
-The DAX sound device may have been manually disabled.

Okay, there is no red bar through the speaker icon. I have ran the install program several times. I have no clue what to do at this point.
73' Pete, N5KD.

Comments

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    Options

Add me to the list V3.4.23 Windows 11

===============================

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Please open a support ticket.

• Goca
    Goca Member
    Options
    I have the same problem win10pro..has anyone solved the problem?

73, Gogo
  • W4AFK Bruno
    W4AFK Bruno Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here too with current v3.x software. Windows 11 computer.

SSDR and SmartCAT work fine, but not SmartDAX. Note that NONE of the DAX virtual audio ports appear in Device Manager

• W4AFK Bruno
    W4AFK Bruno Member ✭✭
    Options

Update ... here is my screen:

Note that Device Manager shows this:

I don't see any of the "reserved" and neither Windows 11 sound/mixer/etc. or SmartDAX see those that are shown. Right-clickiing on the Flex DAX items in Device Manager says that the drivers are OK

All the drivers shown above are rev: 3.1.0.5 7/31/2019

We installed SmartSDR 3.4.21 when the radio arrived, then updated it to 3.4.23

• AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue since I updated to 2.10.1 on my Windows 11 laptop. Mine is only on the RX stream portion but same error message. Uninstalled everything then rebooted and then reinstalled with virus protection (ESET) off. I run the same version on my old Windows 10 PC in the basement without problem. Here is a shot of the audio drivers listed on the Windows 11 laptop. I recall having the same issue a few years back but I was able to fix it. This time I am loosing more hair. I want to get it working so I can interface the laptop with an older Flex 6300 to use portable with Winlink and VARA. On the old PC I see a **** of a lot more Flex inputs and outputs.

• ka1jy
    ka1jy Member ✭✭
    Options

Me too on win 11. Looking at the control panel for audio devices the dead channels look okay but there is no level control or option boxes or bar-graph meter. I don't mean the meter is zero. The meter is completely missing. My setup was working perfectly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.