Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Microphone Profiles

I made the horrible mistake of resetting all my microphone profiles to reconfigure them all.

Now I have 10 DEFAULT profiles and you cannot delete them.

What a mess. This software is a mess.

Answers

• Dennis Wage
    Dennis Wage Member ✭✭

Reboot fixes it.. but jeez what a hot mess 2.4 is.

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

WHATEVER you do, DO NOT stick your finger in the hole.... The warning signs that state, WARNING ROTATING KNIVES fell off sometime before 2.3...

• Dennis Wage
    Dennis Wage Member ✭✭

Provocative to say the least. I've heard about woman like you. ;)

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

What version of SmartSDR are you at? You can delete Default Mic Profiles, but if you do reset the radio, they will come back, which is by design.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

If you have a 6400M or 6600M, Sec 18.4 of the user guide addresses both saving and deleting profiles.

Default profiles may be modified or deleted using the Profiles control panel.

• Dennis Wage
    Dennis Wage Member ✭✭

Mike,

v3.4.21.14056

Go to Profile Manager in SmartSDR.

Create 3 new mic profiles to discard later.

Highlight one and then click Reset. Confirm.

Highlight a second one, then you'll see the first one changed name to Default. Click reset on the second one. Confirm.

Highlight the third one, and you'll see the second one now changes to the name Default. Click reset on the third and confirm.

Then highlight any other mic profile. You should now have 4 profiles named Default. None of which you can delete.

Now, If you reboot the radio and then go back to Profile Manager and look at microphone profiles, the 3 mic profiles you reset will now have their original names back and will not have been reset and you can now delete them.

This is so left-footed I have no words. Do you guys beta test anything at all?

And AM mode is seriously broken in 3.4.21. I cannot get 100% modulation. Everyone keeps telling me to turn up my mic gain, but it's maxed out.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

Hey Dennis, perhaps you could send the testers an a priori list of things to check.

Crystal balls are great for this...

That would probably really help them out.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Dennis,

Please open a support ticket.

I just deleted all the default profiles other than Default and Default FMH-3 and rebooted the radio and you can see here, they are all gone.

This is a problem just with your radio and the Support team will get it sorted out.

And, yes we do have beta test programs in place since you took the time to ask.

• Dennis Wage
    Dennis Wage Member ✭✭

Mike, did you do what I said above. You'll see that your's probably does it too..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.