Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Selling Flex gear of a ham that has failing health

Myself and Ed, K1ZE have been tasked to help sell Flex gear owned by ham a who has failing health. We have a number of items; 6300 (asking $1,300), 6700 (asking $5,100), Flex Power XL Amplifier (asking $5,100), and TGXL-1X Tuner (asking $2,200 still in the box).
Here is the problem: We have no boxes, no documentation for the rest of the gear and the only cables for 6300 and 6700 are the cables attached to the 6300 and 6700.
The question is are the asking prices fair? Bob, W1EQ

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

6300 have the optional tuner?

• Bobgarceau
    Bobgarceau Member ✭✭
    That we do not know. We assume it has the ATU
  • Bobgarceau
    Bobgarceau Member ✭✭
    We assume it is because the owner always got the best.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Sorry this is so long

It would be good to also list the 1st 4 digits of the Serial numbers of the Radio's so interested people may have an Idea when the Radio's were built and what hardware revisions they may already have.

The 6700 may be slightly high but if you can sell it for that then the Radio is only worth what you can sell it for.

If the 6300 has the built in Tuner in it then is may be worth $1300 but with out a tuner I have seen them for about $1100.

With out ALL the accessories they will be worth a bit less so without the Hand Mic, Ethernet Cable, Power Cord the Price should be taken into account.

I am not in the market but I have purchased within the last 9 months both of these model of Radios your inquiring about in the last 9 months.

Just to give you a ball park what they're going for if your a VERY patent buyer, I bought my 2nd 6700 built in 2018 for $4600 3 months ago without the Box and a Broken Hand MIC but had the cords and little booklet, last summer I bought a 2018 version 6300 with a Tuner for $1250 for my RV with the Box and all the accessories. Both Radio's have had VERY Little use and work and look 100%.

If the 6700 is a older radio and needs to have a SPA Day back at Flex that would cost the new owner maybe $400.00 with Parts, Labor, and shipping and insurance both ways depending what else they found wrong during the Quality control testing and Repair If they are as picky as I am.

I have my original 2013 6700 back at FLEX right now having the Fan's and other hardware updated to the latest Revisions and can tell you I wouldn't sell it after the SPA Day for anything less then $5300.00 with the Engineers signatures on the bottom of the Radio and accessories.

So with this information you guys are the ones that can decide what to sell the Equipment for and put a fair Price on the Gear for both parties.

• Bobgarceau
    Bobgarceau Member ✭✭
    The serial number - first four digits is 2213. Thanks for your help. Your information is most appreciated. Bob, W1EQ
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

The Radio with the 2213 was built the 22nd week of 2013 and would be 10 weeks older then my radio that is back having a Spa Day, the next thing is to ask the owner if the radio has it ever been back to FLEX to get the NEW style of fans on the FPU's which has to be done by Flex. If it has the NEW Fans and rest of the updates in it then it would easily be worth top dollar, if not, well you get the Idea I think.

• Greg SP7QJF
    Greg SP7QJF Member ✭✭

Flex 6700 jest dalej do sprzedaży ?