Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audio Tweeks for Maximum Decoding

Options

Hi All

I have built up a new W11 PC and I am wondering is there anything I need to do to maximize the audio between SmartSDR and JTDX, like do I need to adjust the channel bitrate ect in sound setting's ( when you going into playback setting and advance settings on RX1,2 ect)

Hope my question makes sense

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB

Comments

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just my perspective, maybe others know better: I have tried varying the settings (TX and RX) without any discernible difference. So mine is at the 2 channel 16bit 48000 Hz default. I would imagine this is set by the DAX installer so should be optimum.

Erik.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

As Erik stated, the bit rate settings really do not affect decoding and work fine at default.

For me, I run the DAX RX channel at level of 34.

DAX TX at 48 and power slider in JTDX or WSJT-X all the way up. This gives TX level right at zero without going over.

There are some settings in JTDX that can be fine tuned. I typically use WSJT-X so I don’t have a lot of experience with JTDX. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Important to have your PC time accurate. I use Dimension 4 to sync my time.

73 Dave wo2x

• EI2GLB
    EI2GLB Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Guy I will leave well enough alone then

Trevor

EI2GLB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.