Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

AG not working PTP or BCD

I have been happily using my AG on LAN for several years.

Today, I am trying to get it working with PTP or BCD for the first time. The DIP switches seems to work, at least as indicated by the AG app. However, nothing happens when the 15 pin connector pins are tweaked. I have all of the antennas set to None. It's an older AG - V2.0, serial number 0008. Running firmware 3.1.15. Bought it used, so I have no idea if it ever worked with PTP or BCD.

I presume the pinout in the AG manual is correct.

Anything else I'm missing ?

Steve, N2IC

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

You need to assign antenna ports to bands, otherwise it will not know what antennas are available when it receives band info from either PTB or BCD.

Dave wo2x

• Steve London
    Steve London Member ✭✭

Thanks, Dave.

You are right about BCD needing the band-to-antenna mapping. BCD now working.

PTP working, except for antenna port 1. Relay does not activate. The other 7 work fine. Port 1 works fine with LAN control.

73, Steve, N2IC

• David Decoons, wo2x

The manual has a reset procedure. I believe you remove power, move dip switch 8 on, apply power, remove power, move dip switch back off.

Then power up and set up switch again. See if that fixes port 1. If not, open a support ticket with 4O3A

73 Dave wo2x

• Steve London
    Steve London Member ✭✭

With some hints from N6TV, I have found the root cause. The 3.1.5/3.1.15 firmware breaks using pin 1 for activating antenna 1 with PTP.

#36 Hardware PTT Inhibit that prevents switching between antennas while transmitting now works in PTP mode too.

Hardware PTT inhibit uses pin 1.

I went back to 3.1.2, and all is well with PTP on all pins. 3.1.4/3.1.14 may be fine, too, but I couldn't find it on their website.

Steve, N2IC

• David Decoons, wo2x

Steve, have you emailed support at 4O3A?

They could answer what changed in 3.1.5.

For use in the Flex ecosystem, 3.1.5 along with TG XL 1.1.16 and latest PG XL firmware plays well together.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.