Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Level adjustment queston Radio Sport headset with Maestro

Have a Radio Sport headset with the M20 Mic. The Maestro is set up per the included instructions with Mic preamp +20db disabled. I am using and have enabled MIC2, instructions say to use mic profile M360/EM56/M20. My profile does not include M20 electret mic. jusst M360/EM56 which does not work Only "Default" with gain at 100% works. I am using SSDR 2.8.1. The concern I have is in order to get full drive of the carrier I have to set the mic level to 100%. This does not feel right to me I would expect @ 50%, any guidance?

Thanks in advance

Steve AG4SO

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Hi Steve... no, that doesn't sound right.

Maybe try enabling the +20db and see what happens.

Also, there are youtubes available that will show you how to 'listen to yourself' (setting up two slices on top of each other with the transmitter set to output to the Transverter port) which will let you hear how you actdually sound on the air.

• awinger
    awinger Member ✭✭

Hi Steve I ran my radiosport on the maestro as a m350 wide at a gain of 50 once I got the correct cable from flex. Take care and 73

• They sold me the CS6-MAE cable I it on the MIC-2 connector which I have enabled. It will not work on M350 Wide. Is this the same cable as yours?

Steve AG4SO

• Well I am still trying to verify with FLEX I have the right head set cable my support request has disappeared twice after hitting submit. This morning I had NO TX modulation with headset so I switched back to my Heil Pro it works. Several possibilities at this point. Cable, Mic, setting, etc. Will try to submit a cable again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.