Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Back in the Folder

Options

After an 8 year absence, I’m back. I have required an 6300/atu. I’m trying to remember how to set it up. At 82, things don’t come back as easily. Also the amount of available software has multiplied (Frstack, SmartSDR ios etc). The 6300 I purchased which will be set up today if I get my mind sorted out has an older version on it. Should I upgrade first or continue to use the older version until I get up to speed? My biggie question is “ What programs should I install and in what order should I familiarize myself in.”

Like I said at 82, a move to assisted living is probably in the future. My gameplan is to use the 6300 as a remote station. One of the locals has offered to host the station so I can operate from wherever I wind up. Preferably using my iPad or iPhone,.

any suggestions, guidance etc would be greatly appreciated. I didn’t realize how far things have advanced, so I’m essentially starting over.

Marty, W8AKS

Best Answers

• Marty Bluhm
    Marty Bluhm Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Mike it would not take a direct reply but according to the picture posted by the seller,

the hardware version is 3.3.32.8203. I am waiting for ups to deliver a ps from flex so I can power it up

Marty

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok, great!

Go to this page and download the lastest V3 when you get the radio and install it. You should have the radio powered up and connected to your home network. From there, you can just follow the steps to get connected.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Marty

Welcome back. Do you know what version of SmartSDR is on the Radio? Before moving forward, knowing that would be helpful.

• Marty Bluhm
    Marty Bluhm Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Mike,

I’ve updated to the latest version and have been getting familar with the controls. No transmitting just scooping things out. Also watching a lot of YouTube videos. I purchased the smartsdr ios many years ago when it first came out and it actually remembered it. So it is installed on my mini ipad6(not sure how that is going to play real estate wise). I believe I’m ready to move to the next level of smartlink then on to smartdax. I’m trying to do this in some type of logical order.

so any words of wisdom and guidance greatly appreciated, especially if I’m skipping something out of order or doing it out of sequence.

thanks again for your help, 73

Marty W8AKS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.