Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mumble for Remote Audio

Options
Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

All

I have been playing with using Mumble for some audio testing on my remote 6600, just for funs as they say.

The audio path looks like and I am just curious if anyone else is playing with mumble and what you are doing with it.

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Mike, I haven't played with that but am interested to know what kind of results you are getting.

Do you need all three R Pi boards? Is there a way to just use two?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

You need 2 clients and a server but you can have a client and server on the same RPI.

• Randy KN4YBA
    Randy KN4YBA Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Mike, I have had no reason to use Mumble with my Flex (I love my Flex) but do use the Pi4 loaded with MFJ Rigpi software, (~$30.00) (with Mumble). My configuration is using the Pi4 loaded with the MFJ Rigpi software as the server and connection via Lan for local access or DDNS to remotely access my FT-991A for the local FM repeaters.

You could go to https://groups.io/g/RigPi/ and search Flex to locate discussions related to Flex and possibly Mumble.

I also have a few YouTube videos (KN4YBA) related to my Pi4 configuration with the FT-991A.

I hope this helps!

Randy

KN4YBA.com

• WK1O
    WK1O Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Mike,

I am trying to use Mumble with the remote PC running SDR. I can get any of the DAX channels separately but cannot get the mix of two DAX channels which is required for Split of SO2R. When not remote there is no problem mixing audio from separate slices. How can you do the same with DAX channels?

Thank you

Alex, WK1O
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Options

Hi Alex

DAX channels are not required at all for remote operating, at least for the operator.

When you run SO2R, the split audio is managed on the speaker and headset ports on the radio. It is these audio streams you connect to your Mumble client and I believe they will handle stereo.

• WK1O
    WK1O Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mike, thank you much. I did not see the reply before. I will try this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.