Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro performance

DL4RCE
DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭

Dear Flexradio team,

for some years I do have the Maestro B model, it is a very unique feature that let me love the overall SmartSDR performance. In between I was not really satisfied with the performance due to audio lag&quality (described many times in the forum). For me it was basically only usable as a control device for my SmartSDR instances. Since audio was delayed contesting was hardly an option so I changed to MacOS/iOs for audio only.

I was really hoping that Flexradio kept the promise to adress those problems. Therefore I was really eager to install the 3.4.21 update. First testing was good but wanted to wait for 1-2 contests if performance is back to what I was used literally years ago.

And it did not disspoint. The performance is simply amazing. Audio lag is back to a level which is about the same on my Mac & Win client, the "crackeling" noise is gone to 99%. I immedeatly simplified my setup and did voice/keying only with the Maestro.

I bought the 6600 years ago and upgraded a Meastro B, TGXL, PGXL and AnetnnaGenius. I do have a competitive adavantage over my competition in contests, my results are as good as they can get considering my location & antenna setup. Shortwave, EME (Transverter Q5), Digi Modes (SDC skimmer, etc.) work flawlessly and make a lot of fun.

I want to thank Flexradio for providing such a great package and seemless integration of components. In addition many thanks for your continious efforts to make this the leading platform.

Hear you in the next contest!

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Thanks Volker

I shared your comments with the entire company and it was very much appreciated.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

To add more to this, I was doing some A/B testing on 10M today.

I was running my 6600 remote via SL on 10M and listening locally on an IC-7300 that I was using to test with the Tuner Genius XL.

The audio latency was almost non-detectable and this was on SmartSDR 3.4.21.

You can see the RTT time as 31ms. That is Round Trip Time!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.