Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PROBLEM WITH WSJT FT8

Options
runway929
runway929 Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Third-Party Software
I followed Mike Walker's video for setting up FT8, and all of the info is the same as the video. I checked the CAT and it's green and the PTT is red. The waterfall is also solid red and nothing shows up on the FT8 incoming screens.

Comments

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have a DAX channel selected in SSDR?

Is the DAX channel in WSJT the same as it is in SSDR?

• runway929
    runway929 Member ✭✭
    Options
    yes, for both.
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

And I assume DAX is enabled?

• runway929
    runway929 Member ✭✭
    Options
    YES ENABLED
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Oh well. So much for th esimple stuff...

When you are tuned to an active FT8 frequency do you hear signals? Is the RX meter in WSJT showing signal level?

It certainly looks as though you are just seeing noise. I'm not near my radio/pc right now so that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just recreated the same WSJT display you posted by setting the DAX selection to None in SSDR (the original selection was channel 1). In the DAX window the button changed to yellow.

I then selected DAX channel 1and strangely the WSJT display did not change.

I toggled the DAX button on the TX panel and WSJT looked normal.

At least I believe that was he sequence.

I have no idea why that happened. I tried to recreate the condition and I could not.

So..., perhaps try playing around with the various DAX on/off controls.

Sorry I can't be of much more help.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Based on your picture, I would love to see pictures of (or, just confirm please). WSJTx is not receiving any audio from the radio. We want to follow the audio path.

• SmartSDR DAX showing audio streaming on Channel 1
    • SmartSDR showing the RX receiver assigned to channel 1
    • Picture of WSJTx Audio Settings showing the channel is set to DAX Audio RX 1 (not the Reserved one)
    • WSJTx Audio level

BTW, I use a tool (free) called GreenShot for capturing pictures. Very useful when sharing a problem.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Did you ever get this sorted out?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.