Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Migrate SmartSDR to a new Windows computer

Options
My old tower is on its last legs and I’m going to replace it with a new PC.

Can someone point me to the appropriate documentation for moving the software from one PC to another?
Tagged:

Comments

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Export your Profiles using Profiles / Import - Export Profiles menu (assuming you use them), save to an external drive.

Go to C:\Users\computer-name\AppData\Roaming\FlexRadio Systems directory

Back up CAT.settings, DAX.settings and SSDR.settings to an external drive.

Install latest v3 or v2 version, depending on which you use.

Open and close SmartSDR. Replace the *.settings files from your back up in the above location.

Re launch SmartSDR and use the Profile menu ton import from your back up.

Should be good to go. I just did it and no issues here.

• markcamos
    markcamos Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I would be careful with moving the files from AppData.

You could have issues with com port conflicts and that is not the method that is approved by FlexRadio. This would impact CAT stability.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.