Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexVSP Install Not Completing

Options
Jay Edmonds
Jay Edmonds Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am running 2.8.1 on a Flex 6300. I have been a Flex user for ages. PowerSDR before SmartSDR. I finally got tired if the constant program terminations due to “handle” issues. I went almost “bare bones” on my Windoze 10 Dell computer (16GB). It has all the updates installed. I followed instructions for completely removing SSDR and all of its components. I removed the directories. I uninstalled all the “hidden” Ports and rebooted several times. I then proceeded to install a fresh copy of 2.8.1 (6300 turned off) and rebooted twice. 6300 on, SSDR starts and SmartCAT gives me FlexVSP errors. I verified with Device Manager that the expected ports were not installed. I proceed to manually run the FlexVSP 64-bit install. It hung about 20% of the way and after a minute, completed. No error messages. I confirmed Windows thinks it is installed. Still no ports and a SmartCAT error. I “repaired” FlexVSP, rebooted, No Joy. I uninstalled FlexVSP, rebooted, reinstalled, same status. I went to a different PC, SSDR never installed before on it. Same problem. My 6300 is a “Brick”. Before I submit a format “Ticket”, has anyone else encountered this and is there known solution? I am ready to bail.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Support ticket created.

This discussion has been closed.