Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Genius Trouble

Options

I had the TGXL for a few years now integrated with PGXL and 6700. Until today all working great. All bands use a single 80m dipole which TGXL has always found a match on every band 160-10. With two panadapters open I noticed issues switching bands across the 20 - 30 meter band boundary. Bands 160 thru 30 meters tunes automatically and properly. Band 10 thru 20 do not tune up, but make the tune up relay sounds. Switching TX from the 30-160 bank to the 10-20 bank causes lack of receiver sensitivity across all bands as if the antenna is disconnected. Switching TX back to a band 160-30 sensitivity is restored. One of the panadapters has to be set to TX on one of the bands in the 160-30 bank or the receivers are dead like the tuner isn't connecting the antenna or some other issue in the tuner. I'm alway hesitant to write for help because 99% of the time its operator error, this one has me stumped.

Answers

• Dave_WB1S
    Dave_WB1S Member ✭✭
    Options

Adding to previous comment a simpler case. One pan adapter, 20 meters, tuner will not tune the antenna. Goes thru the motion but ens up at 10:1. Bypassing the the tuner (by-pass button) all is well. Putting the tuner in line it is if the antenna is disconnected unless you by-pass the tuner. Switching the Band to anything between 160-30 tuner works fine.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don’t understand why “all is well” on 20 meters into an 80 meter dipole with the tuner bypassed.

• Dave_WB1S
    Dave_WB1S Member ✭✭
    Options

Receive works fine with TGXL in by-pass, TX also fine using the 6700 internal tuner. When not in by-pass the TGXL will not tune the antenna and receive signals are attenuated. Of course 6700 internal tuner not used unless TGXL is in by-pass.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Dave_WB1S

Once you have confirmed that this is not a feedline/antenna issue then open a support ticket. It is easy to think that the TGXL is defective but it might be that that is just the symptom of the problem, not the root cause of the solution.

• Dave_WB1S
    Dave_WB1S Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes thank you, I did open a support ticket. Working it no resolution yet

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.