Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ver3.4.21, New Issue -PGXL Delay

Options

Installed Ver3.4.21 next day after release.

Initially could not see any issues. Started ARRL DX CW Contest on Friday and was running till midnight without any problem. Went to sleep around midnight and came back to continue in the morning. Could not continue TX as I was not sure what happening, like My Macro got huge delay and no one could get my callsign. Closed N1MM - same issue. 2-3 sec delay before RF getting out even I see and hear CW just fine.

Rebooted PC and, Maestro and 6600 - same issue.

Rebooted TGXL and PGXL - problem solved, continued with Contest.

Today had few QSO if FT8 and few hours later came back and started to CQ. It was no TX in FT8 and I tried to restart DAX with no success. Closed my log and tested only in CW - same issue as 2 days ago. So, my initial thought that it happened once after SW installation and I did not reboot all equipment at that time is wrong - now I have to deal with a new issue.

Does anyone else have the same intermittent issue?

Another issue that PGXL power reading disappeared on SSDR during ARRL DX Contest. Came back after reboot, will keep an eye on that one.

I never seen it before installing Ver3.4.21. See demo in the link.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Surgey, I opened a ticket for you regarding this so that it is tracked correctly.

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have a ticket opened and besides increase "TX delay from 25msec to a higher number I do not have it resolved.

Currently my TX Delay time is 30msec but I do not see a correlation. Once in one-two weeks I have to reboot PGXL to have it work properly. Otherwise I am loosing a K" letter completely when I transmit my call sigh KN7K before it will produce output.

It is definitely a new issue as I never seen it before last update and I use PGXL for a few years. Some sync issue introduced during latest update.

Also, not sure if it a new issue or one time event for TGXL - this morning it was giving me SWR 2.5 on Steppir 40m. When I put in in a Bypass mode, SWR was 1.03. Retuned TGXL and all potentiometers were at Zero's but SWR still was 2.5. Rebooted TGXL and SWR was 1.05 without Bypass mode. Another weird one...

Sergey, KN7K

• Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    Options

Surgey I just had the same thing happen. Running 2.12.0 and I have not seen this before. But today the amp output was being delayed by 1-2 seconds. I power cycled the PGXL and the problem went away. So I am wondering if the ticket you opened was resolved or not?

Harry - W0LS

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why are you running such a OLD version of firmware on your PGXL ?

There has been many things fixed since 3.4.21 and may correct the issues your having.

https://www.flexradio.com/software/power-genius-xl-v3-8-4/

• Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    Options

I guess I should have put my version of pgxl in my response. I put my SmartSDR version. Regardless it appears I just had the same problem and am running the latest version of PGXL firmware 3.8.4

Harry- W0LS

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No problem Harry, I just thought you where commenting on PGXL 3.4.2.

I have no clue if it would help anyone or not BUT on all my equipment when I do a firmware update I do a hard factory reset even if the release notes say to do it or not but that is just me and I don't have to many weird problems that no one else is having. If the settings can't be saved then I just take screen grabs of my setup screens.

It takes less than 10 minutes to restore most everything on my full FLEX dream station stuff here so it's no big deal.

Like I said I have no clue if it would help you or not and I'm not recommending anyone do there station like this, but it is what I do and I just figure it gives me a clean slate to start out with.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Surgey's comment was about a year old. :)

I ran the BARTG RTTY test on the weekend with a 6600, PGXL, TGXL and AG and a Maestro C. The Maestro C was on SmartLink and all the rest on a PC local to the radio. I was using all the latest software from 4O3A, TXD was set to 40ms and I was using a test version of SmartSDR, 3.8.1 (not released).

I had zero hiccups in over 36 hours. Nada and I did over 500 Q's.

Make sure you review Ken's great document entire station setup.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/20826281594011-Configuring-the-Dream-Station-Flex-6000-PGXL-TGXL-AG-for-proper-operation

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds great Mike, congrates on 500 Q's, I watched and listened until I fell asleep in my chair Hi Hi.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.