Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJTX (Mac OS) no RF power after some transmissions

Dirk Schuurs
Dirk Schuurs Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in SmartSDR for Mac
Good day,

Using SSDR for Mac and I like the FT8 tool, but unfortunately it’s not working together with GridTracker. So I installed and configured WSJT-X, which is working excellent together with GT and MLDX. BUT, after some transmissions (let’s say after 5 minutes) there is no RF-power and have to force to shutdown WSJTX and then start it again. Does anyone know what causes the loss of RF-power (although the Flex goes into transmission….)?

Thanks in advance,

Dirk HB9GPN

Comments

• HB9HJQ
    HB9HJQ Member ✭✭

Do you have an audio out signal from WSJT-X after this short time?

Had the same problem with WSJT-X on MacOS Ventura, loss of audio output, after a few minutes. It was a known issue and discussed in the WSJT-X mailing list. I switched to JTXD for now and sometimes use the internal FT8 tools in SmartSDR.

73 HB9HJQ, Christian

• ldelatorre
    ldelatorre Member ✭✭

Saw this on the WSJT-X manual for 2.6.1:

"If you are using macOS with an external audio device and find that Tx audio spontaneously switches to the motherboard sound device after a few transmissions, try setting the sample rate to 44100 Hz rather than the otherwise recommended 48000 Hz. "

• Dirk Schuurs
    Dirk Schuurs Member ✭✭
    HB9HJQ, thanks for the tip Christain: installed JTDX and all is working perfect now and works also needless with MacloggerDX. Also, problem solved :)