Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 6800 ?

hi all

I was reading Paul post about new coming 6800 6800M that will be upgrade of the 6700

is this real ? how it will look like interesting to know

vy 73 elan g0uut/ea5iwt

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Hi... it's very unlikely you'll get ANY comment either way from Flex until they are ready to announce. Flex has a policy of not discussing products and/or software upgrades until they are almost ready to release. Even the Alpha team are sworn to secrecy. :-)

We've heard LOTS of rumours about an upgrade to the 6700 -- for years -- and there may, in fact, be one in the works but it won't be announced until it's ready.

• Spanky97
    Spanky97 Member ✭✭

Afternoon, You could always sell your soul and try for a 9600W ?

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭

Outstanding if true. Let me see if I can sell my wife's car in advance.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

And what would you gain if it is true, it would still run SmartSDR the same as the other 6000 series Radios.

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

And what would you gain if it is true...

Just speculating... the 6800/6800M will probably use the larger 6000 series enclosure (to allow space for the Maestro face "M" model and match allow the 6800/6800M to match the rest of the Flex line), dual transverter ports, contest filters built in, connection ports to work with the RF Adaptive Predistortion ports on the PG-XL, and perhaps some other new hardware features derived from FRS commercial endeavors.

Butch, KF4HR

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Think of what you would loose if they patterned the new radio after the 6600/6400.

6700= 2 METERS Built in so NO 2M Transverter required, RX1 and RX2 loop around ports so you can install your own filters, RX protectors, Preselectors etc. for HIGH RF environments like field day in front of the Receiver path, NO Front panel NIGHT LIGHT that is always on and a MUCH smaller foot print for RACK mounting.

NO THANKS, NOT for me, I'll keep my 2 Flex6700's and Maestro.

I had a Flex6600M for a few years and I hardly ever had it on because the screen drove me nuts being on all the time as I use my radios as servers and they are always ON so a lot needs to change with the NEWER Radio Architecture before I would ever think about buying one.

I think that the PGXL and Flex Radios software architecture when available would allow ALL the FLEX 6000 series Radio's to use RF Adaptive Predistortion over the Network anyway and NOT need a wire connection with the tight integration between Flex Radios and 4O3A equipment like other radios would have to have.

To each there own but this is just my opinion of what a NEW version of radio SHOULD be to make it a update of the F6700, I have been using flex Radios since 2008 and had every model excluding the F6400 and 6500 that FLEX has come out with.

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭

@Bret - I have a F6700 (First in Canada) and make use of LoopA for a front end protector and a broadcast band reject filter when "Wide" is active. Also it is mounted in a 4U grab-and-go Gator case with 2U for the 6700 and 2U for everything else (PS, 20Ah battery, Network switch, loop A filters, power distribution, etc.).

I also like the form factor, built in 2M, and what it does as a radio.

• ea5iwt
    ea5iwt Member ✭✭

well this not come from me boy I did see a post cant remember his call his name is Paul

the 6700 is still the king of them in the flex area dont like the 6600 or 6400 poor audio chain no for me

look like the Thtis of Psdr getting better and better not sure why flex got rid of this great software

I haver to say the Psdr id great software hardware of ANAN is rubbish shortcut they call it how ever no other have this great software top notch audio as well rx and tx

enjoy dl9fcc

• WG4R
    WG4R Member ✭✭
    This is from the io group regarding the Dayton dinner announcement on the 6700 being discontinued, replaced by the 6800, and comments on the Maestro:

https://groups.io/g/FlexRadioSmartSDR/topic/99064453
  • ea5iwt
    ea5iwt Member ✭✭

not look like may be in 10 years time who know

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.