Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Rotator Genius and a Ham IV rotator

Options

Hi all. I have a Ham IV Rotator (8 pin), that I was using with a DCU-2 control box. I recently bought a Rotator Genius, but haven’t been able to figure out how to pins match up from the Ham IV to the RG.

Have anybody done it that could share with me the pin out diagram? I would really appreciate the community help.

73, de Santiago

HI8O

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Santiago

I spent a few weeks on it and I got it to turn, but I had some challenges since it didn't want to turn with any force. I actually gave up on my T2X and swapped the rotator for an AlphaSpid.

I do remember that the documentation was wrong and possible the labels on the RG controller were backwards compared to the manual.

I don't have any notes here, as they are away at my remote station.

I would ask 4O3A at support@4O3A.com for some help.

73, Mike va3mw

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Options

Thanks Mike! Yes, I did write to Ranko team as well and expect the answer soon I hope.

73, Santiago

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Options

In case it helps anyone with this same question, here's the information I got from Ranko team (as always, they are awesome in answering customers questions).

73, Santiago HI8O

Notes:

• T2X Rotator uses same config as Ham IV
    • Dip 7 & 8 must be ON

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.