Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-5000a + PowerSDR + SDC (UT4LW)

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to configure Flex-5000a
so that it may use SDC skimmer servers for PowerSDR,
please?

I would appreciate any ideas...

Best regards,
Alec SP2EWQ

Answers

• IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭

I also asked the same question by writing to UT4LW but I didn't get an answer, I assume because the 5000a doesn't work in the TCI protocol

lou

• SDC for Flex is compatible with SmartSDR, not PowerSDR. In other words SDC is for the 6x00 series of radios.

• UT4LW
    UT4LW Member ✭✭

Any SDC receiver that can provide an IQ stream can be connected to the SDC-SKM Server.

For the Flex-5000, you can use the Audio+RigSync offset mode.

However, you should be aware that the Flex-5000 changes the center frequency of the IQ stream each time you change the VFOA tuning frequency. This will constantly cause all decoders to be reconfigured and will adversely affect the operation of the skimmer.

• IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭

hi

do u have a user guide? please

lou

• IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭

for those who want to know how to setup SDC Skimmer with Flex 5000 series, please go to KE9NS web page. use CTRL F to search SDC. as always thanks to Darrin.

My Personal Opinion CW Skimmer by VE3NEA works s better.

But thanks to UT4LW as well anyway

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.