Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Issues with installing 3.3.33 on Win 11 Pro Insider Preview Build 25290-230128-1120

Richard G7EIX
Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭

This is not critical - I was just trying to install latest version of SmartSDR on a new build of Windows 11 Pro Insider so I could play around with the API. Installer starts, goes through the questions and all ok - but then as you click INSTALL it just terminates with an error in event log.

I enabled /LOG on the command line for the installer and I have attached that too.

Here are some grabs and a GIF video of what happens.

Thoughts anyone? This is a 100% clean build, not an upgrade from 10 - on a clean SSD - nothing else installed - not even Visual Studio at this point.

Richard W4/G7EIX

Best Answer

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Have you tried running the .exe under compatibility mode?

Some time ago this was a workaround for a lot of people trying to install it.

Worth a try.

Rich

Answers

• Also, tried with 2.8.1. Same result, same errors.

Richard W4/G7EIX

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Richard, I would submit a help desk ticket.

• I'll give it a day or two and try some options first. I may roll back the insider update and try again with the standard "retail" build before creating a ticket. If it installs with "retail" I will apply the Insider update afterwards to see if it breaks it - all in the name of testing for the sake of it! :-)

I see the installer has uncompressed some files into a temp folder before it crashes - so I am expecting this to be an issue with the installer and the latest build / security / quirk.

Richard

• Rich M5RIC,

This worked. Don't know why I did not try that last night. It took a Brit to help a Brit! :-)

Cheers mate!

Richard W4/G7EIX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.