Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Kind of Remote Latency problem

LA9BM
LA9BM Member ✭✭
I have a type of delay problem with my remote station. The waterfall steps, I lose the sound for short periods from the receiver and I lose parts of letters when using the CWX program. With drag and drop, there is a delay when the image moves.

At first I thought this was latency, but the network diagnostics are excellent. Latency is only 1 - 3 ms and Remote RX Rate is 75 kbps. PC is a new i5 with 16Gb ram and wired connection all over.

What could be the reason that the picture and sound are not smooth and nice?

Answers

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭

Look up information from Flex support for LatencyMon. It is an application that measures your computers interrupts, DOCs and driver behavior.

If your computer has an event it can’t handle it shuts down normal processes and you end up wit a long delay while it recovers.

If this is an issue it will indicate the driver or process that is causing the problem. You may have to update your drivers and/or add more RAM.

I had to update my drivers, like video network and other drivers. I added 8 Gb of RAM. If you have that problem have patience because you may have to fix things as you go.

It could be that your problem is something else but this was a great tool for my basic computer operating system.

Bill W9JJB

• LA9BM
    LA9BM Member ✭✭

Bill W9JJB thank you for fb info. Will look for such conflicts in my computer. It's very strange when I have a fast network and a new computer with a lot of RAM. Looks like a software problem. 73 de LA9BM, Leif

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.