Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL Update v3.7.28 is failur

Hello everyone, I think I have a problem.

Updating to the latest version has completely failed.

Now the power stage is burned into the screen with the message

PGXL Bootloader v1.8. and my IP address.

That was it. Can someone tell me how to proceed?

The power amplifier can no longer be reached via your IP. They are no longer displayed in the SDR........

Comments

• Eli H
    Eli H Member ✭✭

10 Resetting the Power Genius XL

The configuration of the Power Genius XL can be reset to the “factory defaults” using the following procedure:

1. Turn the amp off using the power switch on the back panel
    2. Press and hold STBY/OPER front panel button
    3. Turn the amp on
    4. Release the STBY/OPER button
    5. Observe the self-test results on the front panel display. The configuration test will fail.
    6. Connect to the amp using the Power Genius XL Utility
    7. Set all configuration options as desired, see section 9.2Amplifier Configuration

OK sorry, I think I try this way

• Eli H
    Eli H Member ✭✭

Ok, nothing help.

I got a ticket

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Open a Help Desk ticket.

Also try another computer to perform the upgrade. I have seen some firewall software block the upgrade when the amp goes into bootloader mode.

Dave wo2x

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

My Amp did it a year or so ago when I tried to do the update over a Wireless connection, once I restored the firmware with the help desk's help I have not had any issues using a wired connection and I have not tried to use a wireless connection again.

• Eli H
    Eli H Member ✭✭

Ok thanks, it is back, The newest manual say on the last side the information about boot loader failure.

But my problems are bigger. the PGXL has no output Power more. 300Watt on 40m the rest...... Is TRX Output... arghhhh

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.