Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Correct wiring/cable for 6400 to MercuryAT?

I have read the combined pdf for both flex usb cables. The MercuryAT has a 3.5mm TRS connector. The MercuryAT manual has wiring schematics for Icom and Yaseu interfaces. I believe I need the flex USB to serial cable to build a control cable rather than the parallel cable. I understand that the pin layout and other aspects of the flex cable will be definable via software. I have searched and read on the forum extensively, but haven't found the specific solution.

I need the smartsdr tune button to activate a tuning call on the MercuryAT. Any help getting the correct cable for my usb port and settings in the software is appreciated.
Tagged:

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

The Mercury AT does not support Kenwood or Flex CAT protocol. Flex CAT commands are Kenwood format.

Dave wo2x

• Thanks very much! I can live with that. The internal ATU unit works great on my antennas. I'll be operating remote on the flex frequently in the future and probably prefer no amp while remote anyway.

Thanks again, very helpful info!
  • David Decoons, wo2x

If you have a high SWR you will need a tuner after the amp.

Dave wo2x

• I think you misunderstood my comment. Since I won't be able to use the MercuryAT and amp I will be limited to the transciever power only on remote. It's likely my preference to only run the transciever with no amp while remote.

Thanks again for your replies.
  • David Decoons, wo2x

I am not familiar with the Mercury AT. Can it operate in an auto mode to tune on carrier or with a PC based app to initiate a tune?

Maybe ask the question in the Mercury support group.

One other thought is to convert the Flex CAT (Kenwood protocol) to Yaesu CAT to Mercury tuner. The way I would do it would be with a Pi and Node Red to take Flex TX frequency and format it to Yaesu format and send to tuner.

Just some thoughts to try and help you out.

Dave wo2x

• That's very much. I'm at the start of the research cycle on this, so your input is welcomed. I'll continue down the rabbit hole.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.