Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL v3.7.28 Unusable, Firmware SWR Failure in SSB. Reverted to 3.7.18

Options

I upgraded my PGXL to v3.7.28 and everything appeared normal at first using a steady test signal from the Tune button. Even at full power the indicated SWR remained steady and low. However in SSB, the indicated SWR would hop around greatly at a regular interval of about one second with normal voice modulation, possibly while the firmware recomputed it. At excessive indicated SWR values the amp would trip giving the excessive SWR firmware fault reduring the amp unusable in this mode.

The setup is a 6700 feeding the PGXL and then into TGXL and Antenna Genius before the antenna. During the problem, the TGXL indicated consistent low SWR with no abnormal fluctuation. The problem was duplicated on 75M, 40M, and 20M using separate antennas.

I reverted the software/firmware to the previously successful 3.7.11/3.7.18 test versions to regain amplifier functionality. Amplifier is now SSB usable again.

Anyone else with this problem?

73, Bill AB7AA

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited January 2023
    Options

This should be handled by a support case. I have opened one for you. It would help if you could provide some details on the antenna configuration and what is connected after the TGXL.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.