Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice master Problem

IK8HCG
IK8HCG Member ✭✭
edited July 2023 in Third-Party Software

I installed the latest version of slice master to receive the dx spots, but I think it was wrong because it does not recognize my flex 6400. the slice master program tells me this error: clock is not whitin tolerance clock- error 15203, no connection .
my flex is connected directly via LAN to the PC and the data reception is done via wifi. where am I wrong? do I have to set something internally at the SSDR?
Tnx in advance lou Ik8hcg-ig9r

Comments

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Lou, When you first ran Slice Master, Windows should have asked you to allow a firewall exception. Did you allow it? Your description makes me think you might not have. WIthout the exception, Slice Master won't be able to use your network. The clock warning is only a problem if you try to use WSJT-X. To get rid of the warning, just make sure your computer's clock is set within one second of the correct time. --Don
  • IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    hi Don
    tnx for your reply
    slice master doesnt ask me when i run it anythink about firewall. No window open when i lunch the software ask me somethink.
    i done a video i can send you via email
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hi Lou, Windows will only ask the firewall question once the first time you run Slice Master. You'll have to open the Windows firewall settings and scroll down the list until you find the settings for Slice Master. You can change them there. You can send the video if you like, there's a support email address on the Slice Master splash screen when it starts up. But, your description was pretty clear. Take a look at your firewall settings and let me know how it goes. Feel free to move this conversation to email if adjusting the firewall settings doesn't help. --Don
  • IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    all work's righy now. Tnx. Does normal  that on windows firewall folder there are two slice master.exe? i popped up all 3 squares for both .exe
    just one and last questions. i would remove VE7CC.NET and put dxusa.net twhat should I put and write in the window
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Great to hear it Lou. Let's just say that's normal-ish.  Windows remembers the folder where you installed slice-master.exe.  So if you've run it from two different folders, there will be two different firewall entries for it.  Most folks just put it in one place and over write that place when new versions appear.

To get spots from dxusa.net just replace the line for ve7cc.net with
        telnet://dxusa.net:7300
    and hit the check box to re-enable the source and get the spots flowing.

--Don

• Chip Swett
    Chip Swett Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'm also having a problem connecting to my radio.  Here are my firewall settings:

Thanks.
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Chip,

You can find my email address on the Slice Master splash screen.  If you send me a copy of your config folder I can take a look at the logs.   Just navigate to

C:Users<your user name>AppDataLocalK1DBO

then right-click on slice-master and select 'Send toCompressed (zipped) folder'.  This will create a zip file that you can then attach to your email.

--Don
  • Pat Hamp
    Pat Hamp Member ✭✭

I had some similar problems. Erased all the old versions of SliceMaster, then installed the latest version and it seems all is working now.

Pat de KA4VNM

• TAC
    TAC Member ✭✭

I had the same problem that Slice Master didn't show any applications in the Launch screen. My problem was that I install all my apps on my D: drive and Slice Master looks for them on the C: drive.

I went into the Slice Master config.ini file and changed the default path name to the locations of my various applications.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.