Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

More Stream Deck Icons

Rick N0VT
Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Third-Party Software

Just in case you've missed them, Elgato has many more icon designs and backgrounds than what appears in their default library and they have really snazzed up my keys. There are many more than the ones I've downloaded (below)

https://apps.elgato.com/icons?categories=com.elgato.general

Comments

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

You can also make your own icons using a graphics editor like MS Paint or Photoshop. I usually make mine 144 or 288 pixels square and save them as either JPG or PNG format files. A nice touch is a border or frame with rounded corners. A little experimentation will let you find the correct corner radius. You can also incorporate ham radio-related graphics from apps you use or through online search. Here are a couple of samples, a frame with an arrow graphic that I found online and a Flex "swoosh":

Limited only by your imagination. It is often useful to add text to the graphic, which lets you re-use the graphic, with custom text overlays created by the Stream Deck software, for multiple functions.

I have created more than a hundred such graphics for my Stream Deck, and it results in a very attractive, totally personalized setup.

73, Craig KØCF

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Also we’ve done som cool things using SVG graphics based on work done by Tormod, LA9VKA.

73 Dave wo2x

(and I have to dust my Stream Deck)

• David Decoons, wo2x

Also dynamic buttons

Dave wo2x

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

My XL mainpage for the 6400:

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

For whom is interested in it, I just trayed the StreamDeck+, unfortunately the FRstack3 plugin is not compatible with the knobs, and, at the present time, there are very few plugins capable of interacting with the knobs. I returned it.

• David Decoons, wo2x

I’d be curious as to how the knobs would work with Node Red? For example, how does it allow programming of the knob’s encoder and what does it send out?

I have to see if ElGato allows installing the software and selecting that model.

Dave wo2x

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Elgato has yet to update their developer document to include the knob stream deck.

If it follows the other API examples, the knobs will output some sore of JSON object, which I hope includes an impulse generator/counter of some sort.

Alan

• If this comes to be a viable/usable product, it could replace the Maestro by using this and a tablet/iPad as the Maestro is only a tablet with added usb boards.
  • David Decoons, wo2x

When remote I normally use an iPad Pro with a Belkin 11 in one breakout USB-C box. The Belkin box has a TRRS jack that works great with the RadioSport RS55SL headset.

I wonder how the new ElGato controller enumerates in Windows. That will be determining factor on usefulness. HID devices are harder to integrate with Node Red

Dave wo2x

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭

I have ordered a StreamDeck+ in order to investigate the level of effort in order to integrate FRStack3. As soon as I have time additional information I will update the community.

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

Hi Mark,

Thanks for keep maintaining and supporting FRStack.

Please note they are having issues with some plug-ins running with the new StreamDeck software version 6.0.1, which is the one needed for the + model.

I think FRStack is one of those. It became extremely slow with this new version.

Maybe you need to investigate that as well.

For everyone else, please consider I'm having problems in rolling back to 5.3, the backup didn't work. I'm in touch with the Elgato support.

If you do not use the + model, no need to update and I suggest, indeed, do not do it!

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭

No problem with version 6.0.1.17722 and FRStack here. Running the 15 key keypad.

• W1SRD
    W1SRD Member ✭✭
    @N5NHJ is there a repo with those beautiful button images?
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

@W1SRD Do you mean my StremDeck profile?

I built those buttons, and I can share the whole profile if you like.

• KT0AM  - Mark
    KT0AM - Mark Member ✭✭

@N5NHJ, I would appreciate a copy of your profile and button icons. Santa brought me a StreamDeck for Christmas and appreciate help from the community to get started. It's the XL version not the "+" model.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I would also like to have a copy of the full profile and perhaps a legend of what is available.

Thanks

wx7y at arrl.net

• W1SRD
    W1SRD Member ✭✭
    @N5NHJ, yes, that would be great. I forgot the icons are contained in the profile itself.
    w1srd at arrl.net if it's not too much trouble.
    Thanks/73
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

OK, I'm not sure if I can do it by tomorrow. If not, I need few extra days because I'll be on a business trip.

I'll upload everything to Dropbox, and I'll post the link here.

• KT0AM  - Mark
    KT0AM - Mark Member ✭✭

Your help is greatly appreciated! Whenever is convenient for you.

• KT0AM  - Mark
    KT0AM - Mark Member ✭✭

Got it, thanks Max!

• W1SRD
    W1SRD Member ✭✭
    Thanks Max!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.