Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DCS pretty please?

Jon
Jon Member
It would really be helpful to have DCS support on the Flex. I used to use my local VHF/UHF repeaters but now they've switched to DCS from CTCSS. I've had to buy a handie to get into them but DCS but would certainly like to be able to be using it via my transverter, remote and all that jazz.
7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Jon
    Jon Member
    Nobody else want DCS :neutral:
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I would like to see DCS for future compatibility. I would also like PL tone squelch. Not because we have sharing of repeater frequencies as much as keeping the receiver from un-squelching on noise. I really can't leave a two meter receiver open because the squelch breaks so often when there is no desired signal present.

• Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭

I whole heartedly agree that DCS and PL tone squelch would be substantial enhancements for VHF and UHF operations. All my local 900 MHz repeaters have DCS, which has precluded me from employing a transverter with my 6700 on that band. I'm sure that a growing number of future 2M/440MHz repeaters will also use DCS and PL tones.

Bill AB7AA

• edtyler
    edtyler Member
    I agree that both DCSS and tone squelch would be very handy. I'm using a Q5 5 band transverter on a Flex 6600. Works great, but ca't access certain PAP system repeaters due to lack of DCS.

Dale (W6EDT)
  • kn6leh
    kn6leh Member
    I just got a transverter and was really sad to see no DCS support. Guess I shouldn’t have assumed it would be there. 🙁

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.