Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Stream deck / FR stack FR Stack running on remote computer.

Options

Is it possible to have FR stack running remote and point the stream deck to that computer that is remote giving you have the firewall port open etc. Reason I ask so far I can't get it to work that way and just wondering if I am doing something wrong. I have a dynamic DDNS running and all of that checks out. I also have the port 13522 opened and pointed to the FRStack computer

Thanks in advance.

Brad

k9bdh

Tagged:

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You left out these steps, outlined in the FRStack REST Help file.

Alan. WA9WUD

=============================

Calling REST API from other Clients

The REST API are restricted by default to Localhost. This can be change by editing the FRStack.exe.config file.

Set the <add key="LocalHostOnly" value="false"/> which allows other clients to call REST APIs.

By default any client can now call the REST APIs. You can restrict the clients to by their IP address.

Set the <add key="WhiteListedIPAddresses" value="192.168.1.123,192.168.1.124"/>

Note : If FRStack is running as a User and not Admin, access is denied to http.sys. To solve:

run FRStack as Admin OR 

config access by running as Admin: "netsh http add urlacl url=http://+:13522/ user=everyone delegate=yes""

Make sure you create an inbound TCP Firewall rule for your REST API port, 13522 is the default port.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

FRStack support using SmartLink to connect to the radio.

I gather you need this for some other features?

• k9bdh
    k9bdh Member ✭✭
    Options

When I run remote I run FR stack remote at the radio site. I want to use my stream deck remote on windows smart sdr. When I use Mac SDR its no big deal as i have all the MIDI commands set up but windows I don't think you can use the commands direct to windows smart sdr

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I run SmartSDR for Windows, FRStack and Stream Deck remote on a Dell XPS laptop. I did a demo of this back to my home station from Xenia this year.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.