Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Saving a new profile ALWAYS causes lost connection when restarting

Hi:

I'm having a serious issue with my new 6600. If I do not modify or add a profile, everything works fine.

However, once I add a profile, the radio continues to work fine UNTIL I shut down the radio. The next time I turn it on, the radio starts fine and I have a green power button. But when I start SmartSDR (3.3.33) it disconnects and a popup appears saying "SmartSDR for Windows has lost connection to the radio. Please reconnect.". The power button now is a blinking red. If I don't do anything, by itself, it seems to reboot, SmartSDR tries opening again, with the same result. This will continue unless I remove power.

Now, if I reset to factory, it works fine again and will start up fine after I shut down. BUT if I add a profile (for my amplifier. The only difference there is a tune and transmit power of only 6 watts), shut down after using it, then start the radio all over again....I keep getting the lost connection.

What gives ?

Thanks,

Ken - W4CCZ

Comments

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Ken it sounds like your profile database may have been corrupted...but that is just my best guess. I would open up a support ticket...

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Ken, do you shut off your radio using the power button or by shutting off your power supply?

If power supply, reset everything, then power it off using the button and see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't help, or if you were already using the power button, then it is time to submit a help desk ticket.

• Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭

Thanks. I do shut down with the power button. I will submit a ticket now.

Thanks

• Karl
    Karl Member ✭✭

Hi Ken.

Did you resolve this and please let the community know the outcome.

I'm currently having the same issue.

Regards

Karl.

• Karl
    Karl Member ✭✭

FYI this solved my issues BUT didn't get me any closer to finding out why it happened.

After performing the procedure below i first logged in via my Ipad and SmartSDR IOS to check if i could get a connection and it was 100% successful, Then i started SmartSDR in my Windows10 machine. Once logged in i Deleted all of my old Profiles and started from scratch. Fingers crossed this issues stays away.

FLEX-6700 and FLEX-6500

1. Power off the radio
    2. Press and hold the OK button
    3. Momentarily press the Power button to start the radio
    4. Continue holding the OK button until the display counts down to 0, the Power LED turns WHITE and the CALIBRATING... the message is displayed.
    5. Allow the radio to continue booting normally.

No support ticket needed.

Merry X-Mas All

Karl. VE6KDX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.