Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V3.4

Options

Great to see in the latest Flex Insider that V3.4 will be released soon.

Butch, KF4HR

Comments

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes it is!

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, it's nice to see that they are working on a new version. But to be honest, I didn't really see anything in there that was actually 'new'. Most of it looked like slight enhancements to existing functionality. And I'm a bit worried they are adding more stuff to be 'automatically' saved in persistence when we've been asking for a loooonnnggg time for that functionality to be user-selectable.

It would be helpful too, if they would identify which bug item #'s are being addressed by the release.

Hopefully it won't take too long to translate these changes down to a new 2.x version.

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

Are they going to charge for this one?

Pete K1OYQ

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

Are they going to charge for this one?

Pete K1OYQ

• DG7NFX
    DG7NFX Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I'm sure that any V3.x is included in the V3 license. V4 will be another thing...
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

@Pete La if your radio is currently licensed for version 3 then any 3.X release is free. If your radio is version 2 or version 1 then there is a charge to upgrade to version 3.

Dave wo2x

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Pete,

This is not a full version upgrade ( version 1.x to version 2.x for example) it is an incremental update to version 3.x. There is no charge involved if you are currently on version 3.

It is from the description, a maintenance release to fix current, known issues. It may or may not, contain fixes for long standing problems like the ANF, All Mode Squelch, Noise Reduction and Phase Cancelation for Diversity reception. ( problems that have existed since version one of SmartSDR)

James

WD5GWY

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Query for those who are advocating HF squelch - Is there a significant difference between a squelch and raising the AGC-T above the noise level? They both have quiet audio until a signal appears, and the AGC-T is faster.

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Stan. While AGC-T does assist with reducing back ground noise, it won't fully quiet the receiver like a squelch control does.

Butch

KF4HR

• Dave S
    Dave S Member ✭✭
    Options

It would be helpful too, if they would identify which bug item #'s are being addressed by the release.

Agree...and...please acknowledge and address the bug reports like i.e. Split-mode fail "No Power Out"

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

They are in the change control PDF which gets updated after a release.

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

According to the latest Insider FRS is planning to release V3.4 in December 2022, so hopefully next week.

KF4HR

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

That would be great, but I would be surprised if they release until January. I am sure most of the staff are off right now, and I can't imagine releasing code while short-handed.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, given the Flex track record on software, whenever it is released there will probably be a need for a fix release afterwords. There was a comment made here about hiring a test plan person, but I suspect the ham side of the business won’t get much attention.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Test plan person has been working on the amateur side for some time now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.