Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro SmartLink login is grayed out

N5NHJ
N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2022 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I'm setting up my friend's Maestro at my house, it has been off for some time.

The unit boots with no issues, I'm connected wired (I tested wireless as well) and I can download different versions of SmartSDR, so Internet connection is OK.

Log in to SmartLink is inhibited, the login button is greyed. If I try a message page says connect to SmartLink to see radios.

I'm stuck, any help?

73, Max

Answers

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Is the maestro local to the radio or remote?

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

SmartLink=Remote

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

I just opened a ticket for this issue.

73, Max

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Usually, when it is greyed out, it does not have a valid internet connection.

Make sure you aren't using it with a LAN cable and only on a Battery. When it is LAN powered it has to be DC powered as well. That can be a common issue.

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your answer.

Maestro is connected to AC. Wired LAN or Wireless doesn't make any difference.

Internet connection looks OK because I can download several different versions of SmartSDR. I'm not sure if there is any other way to check on internet.

I just checked a different network, same result.

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

I want to report that the issue with the Maestro has been fixed.

I connected the Maestro to the same network where the 6400 is connected, without SmartLink being part of the game, the radio shown up normally.

After connecting to the radio, the SmartLink setup button was enabled!

I tried it, I received several windows messages (actually from Internet Explorer) about invalid and expired WEB site SSL certificate. After ignoring those messages, the SmartLink log in button was eventually enabled and functioning.

Looks like Maestro needed to see the radio locally before enabling the remote SmartLink login.

I moved back home and once the remote radio was connected, Maestro went through some sort of updates, a message popped up saying the Maestro hardware was going to be checked, showing a list of components (like X, Y, Z, CHS and so on...) and then the unit finally rebooted.

After that, everything went back to normal, and Maestro is now working as it should.

The solution proposed by Flex was to send the unit back and reimagine it.

• Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭
    > @Mike-VA3MW said:

> Make sure you aren't using it with a LAN cable and only on a Battery. When it is LAN powered it has to be DC powered as well.

I find this limitation to be very weird...
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

It is a battery saving feature and yes, that was worth doing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.