Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Sonoff 4CHR3 vs 4CHR3Pro for Remote on operation

I bought an IoT Wifi Relay-shield and a Sonoff 4CHR3 4 gang Wi-Fi Smart Switch. I have them both working together to turn on my DC Power Supply. I have the Power supply hooked up to the the R1 channel and leads to R2 for the Remote on RCA. In the 6000 hardware manual it says max voltage is 3.3V. The voltage coming off the R2 channel is 121VAC. I didn't want to plug the RCA plug into the radio until I was sure I was doing it correctly.

Comments

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

Are you referring to the "Remote Power On Input"? Do not under any circumstances connect any voltage source to that connector. 120 VAC will likely destroy the radio!

The hardware manual clearly states that shorting the center pin to ground will activate the radio. You want to use a normally-open relay that is activated by the 120 VAC to connect here. A suitable relay made by Digital Loggers is available at Amazon for about $17, which will work perfectly. This link takes you right to the product: https://tinyurl.com/r2nsf98d

I have a couple of them, one used to turn my 6500 on and off, the other in conjunction with the station 13.8V power, turns my KPA1500 amplifier on/off.

73, Craig KØCF

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Note Edit:

The 4CHR3 switches AC mains only. I missed that at first reading

It looks as though the Sonoff 4CHProR3 has 4 independent SPDT switches. Just wire 1 of the switches as Craig stated.

Each switch is independent of the others so you can wire 1 for 120VAC to power your power supply and another as just a normally open switch to control the radio.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Just in case you didn't see this.

If you search in the Helpdesk we have a document on it as well. I can't seem to paste a link at the moment.

• ScottW
    ScottW Member
    That is what I thought, I have a 4CHProR3 on the way. Thanks for the help!
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
  • DJ2TG  TOM
    DJ2TG TOM Member, Unconfirmed
    I have also tried the Sonoff relay. However, it switched independently every day. That means it switched all channels without me doing anything. The problem seems to be known and I could not solve it. I bought a similar relay from another manufacturer. 73 Thomas DJ2TG
  • Mike-VA3MW

Which one did you go to? It might help other users.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.