Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Genius Tune via TG Utility both A and B PTT Light Red with TX on ANT1

Hello,

First I understand 4O3A produces the Tuner Genius Software. I am hoping to confirm what I am seeing othera are as well and it is just a software issue. When I use the Tuner Genius Utility software to initiate a tune while my Flex 6600 TX antenna is set to A - Both the A and B PTT indicators light up RED. I am only TXing on the Port A - if in FDX mode and using Ant B on slice B receiving is still heard on B while A is tuning. IF I choice ANT 2 as the TX antenna and initiate the TUNE via the Software ONLY the Port B PTT Lights up. Just an annoyance when TXing on A- I hope this makes sense.

I am hoping others with the Tuer Genius can confirm what I am seeing.

Note - when in front of the tuner and engaging the Tune via the TUNE button on the Tuner Genius only A PTT lights when TX is via A and Only B PTT lights when TX is VIA B. I think it is just a software glitch which is causing no actual issue. I have reset the Tuner Genius and still have the anomaly which is probably normal.

thanks

K4JKB

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Joe

I will test this with the latest alpha release of the tuner utility and see if I can replicate.

Dave wo2x

• Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭

Hi Dave,

I just tried it with 1.2.2 - I haven't seen much activity with the Antenna Genius alpha software lately. Maybe the tuner genius 1.2.2 is not the newest at this time. Anyway, I just tried 1.2.2 firmware and I have the same problem on two different PC's one Windows 11 the other Windows 10 - I submitted a help desk ticket today and Dan had it assigned to him late this afternoon. Maybe this is a normal situation and the 4O3A guys will tweak it in a future update. really not an issue, just wondering am I the only one . I have a video of the oddness, but can't upload it here. I did upload it with my help desk ticket?

Is 1.2.2 the latest Tuner Genius Alpha?

thanks

Joe K4JKB

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Joe

Feel free to contact me direct. We prefer discussions about alpha firmware not be posted in public.

Dave wo2x

• Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭

rr

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.