Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 11 on new build

I have everything to put a new windows computer together ! I would like to install Windows 11 but would like to hear if it's ready for prime time ? I've done google searches and searched in the Flex Community. I read were some are having problems with Dax installing correctly but then I read that many are using windows 11 successfully . Allot of the post I'm reading are from 2021 . Is windows 11 any better near the end of 2022 ? I guess if windows 11 didn't work out , I could reformat and load windows 10 .

Any suggestions or feedback is very welcome

Ed N5DG

Answers

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭

I built a W11 computer last December and run 3.3.32 with no issues using local Ethernet 6400 direct to computer. Some have reported issues with DAX and part of the W11 security though I’ve not followed the thread. I’ve never experienced this issue. SSDR upgrades have all been trouble free on 11. No crashes of 11 or SSDR.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I built an Intel i9-12900 system with Nvidia RTX3080Ti. Runs Win11 Pro fine.

I did buy the TPM 2.0 module for my motherboard. TPM 2.0 is a requirement from Microsoft to install Win11. There are ways to install it without the TPM module but since I use this for testing some high end software and hardware (not Flex) I wanted it to be in spec. Seems most issues are with prebuilt systems. Not all, but some prebuilt systems.y

Dave wo2x

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭

Lin tnx for the link , I've been reading a lot today and planning for later I know I will need to be using win 11 . The part I don't understand is so many are not having any problems what so ever . Then we have the groip with the dax drivers not loading . I read were Steve says disabling the driver signing enforcement may be a temporary fix . What I don't like about installing win 10 is not knowing if I can upgrade to Win 11 a year or 2 down the road . The 11 I have is for a clean install.

Lionel , David tnx for ur replies . David the Asus MB I bought has the TPM chip . Only have to enable it in the Bios .

I think I'll give 11 a try . If it doesn't work out , I'll wipe it clean and do 10 . Wish me luck .

Tnx agn Ed N5DG

• David Decoons, wo2x

My motherboard had the core memory isolation disabled by default on clean install.

Give it a shot. By the way, the “clean install” Win11 should still work as an upgrade, it is just a full license.

Dave wo2x

• Well, I am using windows 11 on my build PC and it is perfectly working in it. I think it also supports your build you don't need to reinstall windows 10 in it. The windows version depends on the motherboard you are using if the board support windows 11 it will definitely work. And now all the motherboards available in the market support windows 11 you don't need to worry about it.
  • David Decoons, wo2x

To properly support Windows 11 either the motherboard or CPU must support TPM 2.0.

Dave wo2x

• VE2HEW
    VE2HEW Member
    edited December 2022
    I just built a new machine, i7-13700K with a Z790 motherboard, Core Isolation/Memory Integrity was enabled by default. Disabled memory integrity and SmartSDR 3.3.33 is working great on Windows 11 :)
  • AE2A
    AE2A Member ✭✭

The only issue is by disabling a security protection you have reduced the protections offered by disabling protections from common sources of hacking attempts!

• rdwing
    rdwing Member ✭✭

These security features are enabled by default on new Windows 11 computers and new installations, if the processor and motherboard support such features. Requiring users to disable core security features frankly sucks. Hope this gets fixed, and soon.

• Tim Osborne
    Tim Osborne Member ✭✭

When the heck are we going to get DAX drivers that meet these requirements? I'm tired of blue screens.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.