Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I Use a USB Cable BDC to control a EA4TX Interlock Box

Steven Lott Smith
Steven Lott Smith Member ✭✭

Wish to use Two FlexRadio 6600's

But only One Transmit signal at any given moment

Equipment on hand 2 FlexRadio 6600's

One EA4TX Interlock Box

One USB Cable with FiDI Chip

Any specific hookup and setup tips, please

Steve

KG5VK

Best Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi Steve, I don't think that it uses a BCD cable. From the EA4TX web site:

• KD0RC
    Answer ✓

Glad to help!

Answers

• Len,

Dude thanks for the very fast reply

And that is good news you gave me

Steve

KG5VK

• Len can you advise further on setting to get the EA4TX Interlock Box working

apparently I need to change some settings of the radio

I tried a few but no joy, yet

Bother rigs the Accessory Jack is wired to respective db9 connector of the EA4TX Interlock box

But do I set the Flex radios to PTT Inhibit or something else or a combination of settings

I am attempting to set up for Multi Single

I have the EA4TX Box set I believe but lost of the Radio Settings...

Radio Setup TX Inerlocks - TX Req active High or Low ????

Transmit Band settings ACC TX Checked yes or No or is it the ACC TX Req to be checked ?

Thanks in advance

Steve KG5VK

• KD0RC

Hi Steve, I'm not sure what the EA4TX box is expecting in terms of Flex settings. Is there anything in the documentation?

One way to approach the problem is to connect both rigs to dummy loads with the RF Power turned down. Now try all of the conditions that you are trying to protect against to see how the EA4TX unit controls (locks out) the Flex rigs.

If you can only get one rig to transmit at a time, you will have your answer. If there are conditions that allow both rigs to transmit simultaneously, then you need to study those conditions and/or try different combinations of the Transmit Band Settings to see the effect.

• Len,

Thanks That is what I am attempting

just have not found the right combination, yet

The EA4TX is looking for signal called INHIBIT, which will be used by the Interlock to perform blocking

So I guess I will look for that in the SDR Manual to give me a better clue

I am just sure someone has used this Box with a FlexRadio and knows the "secret" combination

Once I find the Secret combination I will share it

steve

KG5VK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.