Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Repair Que? How Long?

Well been over a month for the issue, 20 day ago Tim got involved. Which Tim I think is good.

It's been in there shop almost 2 weeks and no thing heard as to the status.

Not like it us to be. When i had a 6400 and an issue it was quick.

Been hearing the same thing slow very slow.

Answers

• Arizona Mike
    Arizona Mike Member ✭✭

My 6600 which is just a few months old died two weeks ago. I sent it back to Flex and was hoping to see it back in a reasonable time frame.

Today, I heard from a friend that he got his 6700 back last week after a 2 months wait.

I remember reading that Flex service was quite responsive. Sheesh, I certainly hope I am not waiting two months before I see the radio back.

Mike N7QX

• Rob_K8YV
    Rob_K8YV Member ✭✭

They seem to not be answering emails and questions.

Might have been better to send it to the EU for repair. Faster

Ever scense they landed the Air Force contract the amateur side has go to ****.

Chasing the big bucks. It happens every time a comp lands a government contract.

I know i have seen it, I worked for the government for years in telecommunications (0391).

• Rob_K8YV
    Rob_K8YV Member ✭✭

If it's an M version its trouble found that out the hard way thinking of dumping the flex line after I get it back.

They are great radios when they work.

Almost all the problems seem to be in the M version.

Lots of non M's in remote sites working great.

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

Consider sending your radio to Flex representative in Germany. OM Notbert provides a great service.

Tom

• Arizona Mike
    Arizona Mike Member ✭✭

Emails are not being answered expeditiously. A really good way to **** your customers off. Excessive repair time is a really good way to **** your customers off.

Rob, I have the same thought about selling once it returns.

If they would tell us that there is a 6-8+ week wait, folks might elect to purchase a second radio as backup.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

I have been fortunate with Flex Customer Service. But, then again, the last time my 6600M had to go in for repair ( one and only time) was before COVID and all the ( continuing) component shortages that has created. Not responding to Customer enquiries about equipment in their possession isn't good. They should respond in some sort of timely manner. Not making excuses for them, but I wouldn't think they have forgotten you. Most likely they just don't have the parts needed to repair your radio yet. And if it's the front panel on a M model, then it could be a while till they find the parts or a replacement as the module the front panel uses is no longer in production.

James

WD5GWY

• Arizona Mike
    Arizona Mike Member ✭✭

Frustration is hard......I get that.

I received the radio September 1. The 6600 emitted a puff of smoked and died on November 21. That pungent aroma is what nightmares are made of. 😐️

I am sure they will do a good job determining what the issue is and repair as needed. But, after having the radio for 2-1/2 months the thought of having it gone for possibly 2 months is like losing a close friend. 😫

If anyone has a 6700 they want to sell at a reasonable price, I am in the market. 😉

Even though the thought of selling the Flex crossed my mind as Rob indicated, it is an amazing radio that has become a seamless part of my ops. Not sure I could ever go back top a non-SDR radio.

Flex, we love you guys.........

Mike

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps the OP meant queue?

• Returned my PGXL for no Tx on 40M and 160M. It took 2 months from their door to my door. They agreed to extend the warranty for two months, but that was not in writing.

• Arizona Mike
    Arizona Mike Member ✭✭

Rick,

That is just wrong.........2 months is outrageous.

I purchased the 6600, PGXL and TGXL. Spent a lot of coin as most folks here and is it too much to ask for a reasonable service timeframe. When buying Flex products, it appears a backup radio is mandatory.

I'm sorry this is wrong, just so wrong on many levels.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

well you could buy a ANAN radio and 3 months later I still have not heard a word from their support team to even get a RMA so two months door to door is so much better the being left out IN THE COLD.

JUST MY TWO CENTS

• Rob_K8YV
    Rob_K8YV Member ✭✭

I agree with Mike on the rigs proformance it's great.

I did have 2 6400M's traded on for the 6600m and one on the PGXL.

The system works flawless change freq everything follows.

Service about 6 to 9 months ago was quick and good. Not so now.

I'm thinking change of leadership has a lot to do with it.

I am picking up a backup leaning to an ICOM the tgxl and pgxl will work with them. Thought about a 6400 just havent got to that part yet.

I have a maestro never use it have only did one remote connect with a buddy in the UP of mi. but used a computer it was nice. Now I just wait.

• Rob_K8YV
    Rob_K8YV Member ✭✭

We should have fiber this spring so remote might be possible yea.

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

Hmmmm. I just sent my PGXL in three weeks ago. It’s going to be delivered to me tomorrow.

so I am experiencing great service

Maybe the service delay you are experiencing is a product specific issue?

Peter

• Arizona Mike
    Arizona Mike Member ✭✭

Glad to hear three weeks for servicing your PGXL. That is a reasonable timeframe.

My 6600 arrived at Flex receiving 11/22. So it'll be 2 weeks this coming Tuesday. I'm fully expecting a 2 month wait. With that said, I will definitely pick up a second radio as a backup.

Mike

• Rob_K8YV
    Rob_K8YV Member ✭✭

On a good note, I received an email it's on the bench.

Lets see how long.

Any guesses?

I say 2 weeks.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

In the past IF they have the Parts on hand it won't take very long maybe a day or two BUT if they don't have parts available like a Screen for the M version or PGXL or any other parts that are backordered it may be a while longer, it took 2.5 months whem I sent my TGXL in including the shipping.

• Arizona Mike
    Arizona Mike Member ✭✭

Two days ago, I also received an email that it's on the bench.

Just not sure which bench that is. 😎

• Arizona Mike
    Arizona Mike Member ✭✭

Flex notified me my radio has been repaired.

Exactly 2 weeks and 1 day after UPS picked it up. This is a welcome surprise and and certainly appears that Flex is working through their backlog issues.

Its easy to criticize, so I want to make sure I say than k you Flex.

• Rob_K8YV
    Rob_K8YV Member ✭✭

Still waiting, and bumming out. I miss not on the air right now.

Glad you got your repaired quickly Mike.

We will have to chat some time

• Rob_K8YV
    Rob_K8YV Member ✭✭

Update, received it back Friday so far so good.

It was a display issue. There's the M version again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.