Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-3000 acting odd

Hello everyone. I recently was able to get a station set back up again, and hooked my Flex-3000 up to the desktop PC. Everything seemed to be working fine, and for the most part it does. Has anyone else experienced a problem where the 3000 will be receiving fine, and then after a transmit, when it goes back into receive it suddenly isn't receiving anything (noise floor drops way down and just soft static). You can click on the Pre-Amp, tune around etc, and nothing. If you then click the transmit again, sometimes it will return to receiving normally. I've noticed this sometimes even on a simple ATU operation. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. I still love this 3000!!! When it works, it's wonderful. Thanks and 73!!
-Jon
KC4NWK

Comments

• probably not related but I had a very similar problem with a wet SO239 barrel connector.. drove me crazy for a bit till I swapped rigs on the same antenna lead and decided it was outside. In a hurry, I had added a length of coax while tuning an antenna and still hadn't sealed up my connectors. I hope yours is that easy! 73 Mike

• Symo
    Symo Member
    Mike, thanks for that thought. I will actually go through and double check all my connectors! This antenna is actually in my attic, and if I have a moisture problem, I have way more to worry about! LOL
    But it is worth checking all my PL-259s to make sure they are making good connection!
    73 Jon
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Does it happen if you bypass the ATU?

it could be a relay not resetting all the way. If your antenna is resonant on a particular band, try Bypassing the internal ATU and see if it does the same thing . That would give an indication of whether or not the problem is in the ATU itself or the transmit relay is having a problem.

James

WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.