Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Help with using SSB Voice Caller Software and the 6400

Options
Jeff U.
Jeff U. Member
edited December 2022 in Third-Party Software
I have my 6400 in the garage and I am on a computer in my home office. Effectively, I am operating remote from home. I use a USB headset connected to the PC as the speaker and microphone.

What I have determined so far is that DAX must be enabled in order for the Voice Caller in N3FJP to work, and it does work. It also seems that I am not able to transmit on the USB headset microphone while DAX is enabled. This means that in order to effectively use the voice caller I need to flip on DAX, activate the voice call, then flip DAX back off in order to use the microphone again.

Is there a workaround for this? It sure would be nice if MOX would just override the DAX setting when used. Is there a way to send the USB headset microphone audio directly to DAX?

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I am not sure if N3FJP sends the correct CAT commands to turn DAX on and off as required. N1MM does it correctly if you want to give it a try.

Check with the author of N3FJP to send the radio the following commands to the radio.

The key command is ZZDX1; and ZZDX0; (on and off)

2021-01-22 09:03:05.952 COM4  [sent]: ZZTX1;   << Radio to TX
    2021-01-22 09:03:05.982 COM4  [sent]: ZZDX;    << query DX setting
    2021-01-22 09:03:05.983 COM4  [rcvd]: ZZDX0;   << answer DAX TX is off
    2021-01-22 09:03:05.988 COM4  [sent]: ZZDX1;   << turn on DAX TX
    2021-01-22 09:03:06.066 COM4  [sent]: ZZMG;    << ask Mic gain
    2021-01-22 09:03:06.068 COM4  [rcvd]: ZZMG066; << set to 66 
    2021-01-22 09:03:06.072 COM4  [sent]: ZZMG000; << set gain to Zero

message plays

2021-01-22 09:03:07.402 COM4  [sent]: ZZDX0;   << set TX DAX Off
    2021-01-22 09:03:07.408 COM4  [sent]: ZZMG066; << set Mic Gain to 66 
    2021-01-22 09:03:07.414 COM4  [sent]: ZZTX0;   << move to RX

• Jeff U.
    Jeff U. Member
    Options
    Thanks, this is very helpful. I’ll follow up.
  • Jeff U.
    Jeff U. Member
    Options
    Discussions with N3FJP were not fruitful. They don't have a Flex radio to test with and are using the DLL. However, I have been able to create a multi-action button on my Streamdeck using Node Red that sandwiches the DAX on and off commands around the N3FJP voice caller command. I think that will suffice for what I am trying to do.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options

K9DUR "Voice Keyer" Software https://k9dur.us/voice_keyer.php works very well and is easy to setup and use.

It is a standalone program with out any extra stuff to setup or you may not need.

Bret

WX7Y

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Discussions with N3FJP were not fruitful. They don't have a Flex radio to test with and are using the DLL. However, I have been able to create a multi-action button on my Streamdeck using Node Red that sandwiches the DAX on and off commands around the N3FJP voice caller command. I think that will suffice for what I am trying to do.

I would go back to them and tell them to treat it like a Kenwood radio and just insert the same commands I provided. If they need access to a remote radio for testing, we can make that happen. They just have email devhelp@flexradio.com

I'm pretty sure that has been passed on before. The N1MM guys seem to have it functional.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.