Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 M auto connect radio

Trying to help a friend remotely with his 6400m. I have not had a M radio since they first started shipping as I went back to a 6600 (non M). I think the startup process has changed but not sure. How do you stop the radio starting up the front panel. He just wants to run it from SmartSDR and not have the radio fire up with slices.

I watched one of Mikes videos and it looks like there was an auto connect option but was going to share that with my friend but cant really find it looking through the manual. So once the radio (front panel) is auto connecting how do you stop that? I assumed it was in settings but did not see it in the manual.

Rich

kd0zv

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Rich, I don't have an M model, so I am not 100% sure, but try putting the front panel into SmartControl mode to see if that does what you want.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Once the front panel starts, select Menu, then Radio. Select Change Version to get back to the choose version screen.

Tap on the gear in lower left. Deselect Auto Connect.

Dave wo2x

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.