Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anybody using the TCIP(rotocol) interface in Log4OM w/their Flex?

Hi guys... the latest version of Log4OM (2.24.00) has a CAT interface based on TCPIP, it would appear from the parameters.

Is anyone using this with their Flex (rather than OmniRig)?

<< Just want to make use of more 'modern' :-) interface, if possible.

Answers

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

I have tried it, no joy. There is no way to tell Log4OM what radio protocol to use. It appears that the TCIP interface is for Sun SDR radios.

From page 23 of the log4om manual:

------------------------------------------------------------------------snip---------------------------------------------------------------------

TCI Interface

Log4OM provides unparalleled support for the SunSDR range of radios using the TCI protocol provided by Expert

Electronics EESDR software as follows:

---------------------------deleted text----------------

This CAT interface is specifically for the Expert SunSDR radios, the ports shown are for illustration purposes only they

may be different on individual installations.

------------------------------------end------------------------

Gayle K0FLY

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Gayle... that's what I found too. -- No joy with either the TCI tab or using TCPIP via Hamlib. I thought maybe I wasn't getting the right URL or something. Appreciate the response.

Oh well, OmniRig is working fine....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.