Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Programmatic access to LED's

n8wrl
n8wrl Member ✭✭

I am programming against my FlexControl for fun, and I've figured out the serial text I get back from it when the knob turns, buttons pressed, etc.

I cannot figure out what command to send to turn the LED's on and off. Can anyone point me to a reference? Unable to find so far...

Thanks and 73!

Brian n8wrl

Tagged:

Comments

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

I think that I understand your question

Pushing on the AUX buttons activates the programed function and appropriate LED. Rotating the knob adjusts the enabled function. The tuning knob also has a switch associated with it. Push straight in on the tuning knob to cancel the AUX-1 through 3 functions and LEDs. The knob now changes the radio's frequency.

Gayle K0FLY

• n8wrl
    n8wrl Member ✭✭

Yes, that's when SmartSDR is connected to the control. When you press a button, SmartSDR "does the thing" you configured the button to be, but it also sends a command to the flexControl to turn on the LED. The control does not turn on its LED's by itself.

I am writing code that talks to the FlexControl to do other things, and I need to know what that "turn the LED on" command is that SmartSDR is sending to the FlexControl.

Brian n8wrl

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭

Check out my writeup from 2015:

73 Martin AA6E

• n8wrl
    n8wrl Member ✭✭

Very helpful, thank you Martin!

-Brian n8wrl

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.