Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack's SteppIR/SDA-100 not tracking frequency

Options
Mike Sonn KF9AF
Mike Sonn KF9AF Member ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Third-Party Software

I'm running a 6500, SteppIR SDA 100 with FRStack. I have the SDA 100 connected to FRStack, all "buttons" on FRS's SteppIR window DO work, but Antenna Frequency does not follow the Slice Frequency whether I select Autotrack or not.

SDA 100 "Transceiver Setup" is set to Kenwood, 9600 and I'm using the Data Out port. Windows 10 Device Manager shows my COM port also at 9600.

FRS Stack - "Radio" is connected with menu options selected for "Follow Radio Active Slice" and "Active Slice Enable TX". I have functional band stacking. My SPE amp is connected and all "buttons" work, but for some reason, the SDA 100 won't follow the frequency.

Seems like it's something simple I may be missing?

Mike KF9AF

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mike

You did not mention how you have the SteppIR Options set up for "Antenna Type" and for "Manual Frequency Synch".

If you want to control the SDA100 frequency from FRStack, be sure to select the "no CAT" option for your antenna type. The "CAT" option, is used when the transceiver is directly connected to the upper DB9 of the SDA100.

If you want, or not to control the SteppIR Antenna from moving with a VFO freque3ncy change, select the check box for "Manual Frequency Synch.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Mike Sonn KF9AF
    Options

Alan,

You specifically noted the one setting that made the SDA 100 track frequency. I had "Beam using CAT" selected. Changed that to "Beam no CAT" and it is now tracking.

This Community is AWESOME!

Thank you!

Mike KF9AF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.