Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Intermittent noise causing bad keying and poor audio

2»

Comments

• Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭

I see I am not the only one with this clicking noise problem. Version 3 has it too and not at the same level for everybody. Tuning causes it, as does switching NR on/off and also turning gain up and down. Just wonder if I am the only one with 2.8.1 who is suffering ( and 2.4.10 before I upgraded ).

73 de Roger, G3LDI

• Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭

When I did invoke Slice A I looked at the |Com port. It was set at Com 5 and underneath Com 104. I changed that to 105 and the Flex then booted with a slice. Discussing this with Malcolm G3PDH, he suggested the factory reset because he was not convinced the firmware was installed, although the software is on the PC. As I said above, I think a factory reset and then re-install 2.8.1 might be a good idea. I shall wait and see if I hear from you first Mike.

73 de Roger, G3LDI

• Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭

It gets worse. CAT won't show after booting the radio now.

This is what I get when looking at the radio:

Serial: 2618-1546-6600-1427, Max Licensed Version: v2, Radio ID: 00-1C-2D-05-07-E8, Radio IP: 192.168.1.72, Radio Internet: Available, Radio Firmware: v2.8.1.10477

I therefore presume the firmware has installed OK.

My window is opening soon! 😫

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.