Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can the PGXL status ( Operate / Standby ) be controlled by a SSDR Profile setting?

Is there a setting that can be assigned to a SSDR Profile that will control whether the PGXL is in STANDBY or OPERATE mode?

AMP ON -- Profiles can be used to establish the drive power level per band for the PGXL. I don't see any way to also include a setting in the profile that will set the PGXL to OPERATE mode. It appears that the only option is to click the OPERATE button on the PGXL app.

AMP OFF -- Conversely a profile can be set to establish the output power for the radio when not using the PGXL. I don't see any setting in the profile that will set the PGXL to STANDBY mode. It appears that the only option is to click the STANDBY button on the PGXL app. If you forget to click the STANDBY button the PGXL will fault with a high power error.

Is there a way to accomplish this in the profiles?

If not, would this be something that could be added to the profile?

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6600 Win10 Pro V2004 -- SSDR V3.3.33

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Not at the moment, but this is a good request.

I can't move this posting to the New Ideas area, but you might want to also post it there as it is easier to track when engineering is looking for new ideas.

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

@Al_NN4ZZ -- If you don't already have it, please look into integrating FRStack into your set of tools.

I am able to use FRStack to do a number of useful operations -- and all with the click of a single button... especially if you integrate the Elgato Stream Deck into the mix.

I can set an option in FRStack so that when the amp is on, it automatically reduces the power levels out to a maximum of my own choice (for me about 35%). And when the amp is in Standby, it automatically increases power back up to a maximum (usually 100%).

And there are other options to automate turning TX DAX on or off depending on the mode (DIGI or SSB).

It has been a great tool to use... and it works over SmartLink!

Cheers, John

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Hi John,

I currently use SDR-Bridge for CS Skimmer and also to give me an additional FlexControl knob. One is controlled by SSDR, the second one is supported by SDR-Bridge. I prefer to keep the number of third party apps to a minimum. So I would rather not add another one. Last time I checked FRStack didn't offer the feature that would let me have 2 FlexControl knobs. It has a lot of other features but not ones that I would need or use.

Hopefully the SSDR profile feature will be added at some point so we can natively control the amp within the SSDR / PGXL eco-system. It makes sense to have this as a feature since both devices are Flex devices.

Appreciate the suggestion and may look at it again some day.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6600 Win10 Pro V2004 -- SSDR V3.3.33

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.