Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N3FJP via Flex API not working?

This is my second day with my Flex 6600. I'm obviously doing something very wrong because people here in the community say that hooking up to N3FJP's AC Logger "just works" by selecting Flex API in the ACL Rig Interface dialog. I've read the entire SmartSDR manual, and I don't remember anything about having to enable the API. I'm using ACL V7.0.6, the latest.

Lets assume the simplest case, only one slice.

My expectations are that when I change frequency using SmartSDR the frequency, mode, band will show up in ACL. Is that expectation correct? There seems to be no communication between the two programs. The ACL Rig Interface dialog shows "Polling Rig!" in blue. When I try the "test change frequency command" section at the bottom right of the Rig Interface dialog, nothing happens on SSDR.

Network is through a home router, both ACL and SSDR are running on the same computer.

Before we got the Flex, I only operated FT8 and had ACL get its data from WSJT-X. Perhaps I need to undo some of that configuration?

One additional question for after I get this to work. Will my wife and I both be able to use our own logs when we are running Multiflex? I.e., does ACL go to localhost to connect to SSDR?

Thanks for any help!
Al WA1TYB

Best Answers

• Al Simons
    Al Simons Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I had the Public Network firewall on, and have now shut that off as well. All Windows firewalls are off. No change. Behind my router's firewall, my net is wide open. Lots of multi machine work happening here with no issues.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi Al

Tied up with contest this weekend but Monday or Tuesday I am available if you would like support remotely via TeamViewer. You can e-mail me direct. My e-mail is good on QRz

Dave wo2x

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x

To try and answer the no communication issue first, try checking your firewall program. It sounds like the firewall program in Windows is blocking AC Log.

Dave wo2x

• Al Simons
    Al Simons Member ✭✭
    Solved by David WO2X. I didn't read your answer closely enough, David. I didn't go into the Applications section of the firewall. There were two ACL lines; only one was enabled. Thank you, sir!

Now I can experiment and see about working Multiflex on my own.

-Al WA1TYB
  • David Decoons, wo2x

ok, glad it worked.

Have fun!

Dave wo2x

• Al Simons
    Al Simons Member ✭✭
    To close this thread out, one cannot use the AC Logger with the Flex API when operating Multiflex. Both ACLs respond to any change in the radio, regardless of which operator made the change; there is no concept of Station (which Multiflex operator) within ACL. I searched the ACL users' group archive, and there is no hit for "Multiflex," so I dropped Scott N3FJP a note asking whether there was a station name field associated with the band/freq/mode data in the interface he is using, and if so whether he would consider a request to allow specifying a station name in the Rig Interface dialog when using Flex API. Scott responded that he is using the Flex DLL so there is no way to do this; the only way to integrate ACL when Multiflex is by using CAT.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.