Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

interlock preventing transmission- anyone know what this is ?

this interlock statement appears where the network green bars are supposed to be. not all the time, but its getting frequent.

Answers

• Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭

For us it's random and we have never figured out a cause or way to duplicate it. Rebooting when it happens is the only way to clear it. I wish we knew what parameters in the code can set it off, maybe we could figure out a way to prevent it.

Ron, WV4P

• Spanky97
    Spanky97 Member ✭✭
    The software thinks The radio is out of band and has to confirm or deny.
  • Spanky97
    Spanky97 Member ✭✭
    Thanks folk’s
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

HI Spanky... yes, you are correct that the message comes up where your current frequency and transmit bandwidth will cause the radio to transmit 'out of band' for your region. The band boundaries are set in the TURF file contained within each radio, depending upon its geographic location.

I don't believe it's a 'confirm or deny' situation (as in, you don't get a choice). I believe the radio will not transmit when that message comes up.

• Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭

Don,

Being out of band does not give any feedback, it just greys out MOX etc. No message.

The Interlock popup, normally associated with PGXL's but caused by SSDR is a different animal. It's a strange beast, elusive most of the time but devastating to Runs when he decides to hunt. They are not the same.

Ron, WV4P

• Spanky97
    Spanky97 Member ✭✭
    Thanks gentlemen, I was using that as an example of how the software was reacting.
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

@Ron, you are right, I didn't explain completely.

On my 6500 running 2.8.0 with the Canadian (NA?) TURF file, I can get the 'interlock' message to come up consistently when I am running a single panadapter and use the Band button on the left side of SmartSDR to switch to 4m, 2200m, 630m or 60m. Also, my MOX button is greyed out on those bands and the message "TX slice not selected" comes up, even tho I do have the TX button turned on in the slice flag. (I have seen other messages regarding 'out of band' also come up)

4m -- makes sense, since Canadian hams don't have an allocation in this band AFAIK

2200m -- not sure why this is happening, since we are allowed in 135 - 137 Khz

630m -- again, allowable for us is 472-479 Khz

60m -- this may be due to the recent change for Canadians, where, as well as the channels, we got 5351 - 5366, albeit at lower power.

My suspicion (given the above symptoms) is that the latest version of SmartSDR has some 'weirdness' going on with the reading/interpretation of the TURF file.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Don, my guess is that the new VLF bands won't go through the normal filtering of Ant1 or Ant2. Try them using the transverter port, and you will be able to transmit.

• Spanky97
    Spanky97 Member ✭✭

40 M or 20 M makes no difference. About a five seconds delay and it’s not consistent. But thank you.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Hi Spanky... if you're getting this notice/error message on 40M and 20M, I would submit a HelpDesk ticket. Something doesn't sound right....

• Spanky97
    Spanky97 Member ✭✭

Thank you sir. Done that

• Cono
    Cono Member ✭✭
    I'm getting the same message as Spanky97 did but he didn't post a followup resolution. My issue is changing from 20m to 12m and I'm not out of band operation as someone else suggested. It's a 6400M with the latest v3.3.33 Firmware. I've never seen this message before the latest update and I've had this radio two years with one sdcard replacement from Flex six months ago. So far no other issues to report.
  • KD0RC

HI Cono, that sounds odd... I would export profiles and do a factory reset to see if that solves it. If not, it is probably time to submit a help desk ticket.

• Cono
    Cono Member ✭✭
    :) I exported everything, Factory Reset the radio, Imported my profiles and I haven't gotten any interlock messages since. One more and I will open a ticket. Thank you!
  • KD0RC

Great, I am glad that did the trick!

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin

Just a process note:

Whenever you perform a Factory Reset to see if it solves an issue, ALWAYS test for a while BEFORE you import your profiles.

If the issue is a corrupted Profile, or Radio Band Persistence database, and you import those back into your radio before you test following a Factory Reset, you may re-introduce the problem back into your radio via the bad database or profiles.

Also: Always be sure to De-select the "Preferences" check-box when exporting or importing Profiles in order to prevent possibly exporting/importing corrupted band-persistence settings.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Ken,

Cono is a friend of mine. I had him do a factory reset and import profiles without preferences. I talked to him today and he hasn’t had the interlock reoccur.

Dave wo2x

• Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭

Message came up first time for me using a transverter. Switched to 40M and back to transverter and the message went away. Strange.

• N4BAA
    N4BAA Member ✭✭
    60M - 100% of the time, every attempt to TX. Frustrating.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.