Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FT-991a and Power Genius CAT connection

Options

Good Morning/Evening.

I'm using a straight through cable in an attempt to use my 991a with my PGXL as well as the flex.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XP4NCMD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I'm only seeing instructions in the manual for the ftdx5k and also dont see the 991 as selectable in the setup via PGXL utility. Is this radio compatible? I've tried the two different Yaesu selections, the FT1k and the other with multiple radios with no success, not even intermittent.

Perhaps is there a setting in the 991 that needs triggering? Cat rate is set accordingly, CAT is selected as communication via RS232. Its plugged into port B on the PGXL, the flex is in port A.

Feel like i'm missing something obvious! Not sure how to connect my TGXL to the 991 either, Y cable or something?

Answers

• Jeff Carson
    Jeff Carson Member ✭✭
    Options

Update, my Tuner does communicate with the radio via CAT. Sort of....

Same settings with the PGXL, nothing.

The decimal is in the wrong place. Instead of 7.189 (40m) it shows 718.900. And my radio definitely isnt listed in the drop down, most arent.

Also, in the instructions there is a screenshot of a Yaesu setup with baud rate 4800 and 8N1 selected, I dont think those two work together? If not, probably going to cause some considerable confusion on end users.

Do I need another DIN to db9 for band data maybe? As in, two COM cables from the radio to the flex stuff?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.