Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dax and Cat start minimized

Here is the obscure question of the week.

I'm running a batch file on our new 6400M setup to held noobies along.

They will be able to choose between using the computer or the Radio's interface. Since they will be needing N1MM, on the computer side, I have it starting DAX and CAT. then N1MM.

It all works, but I would really like to start DAX and CAT minimzed to avoid clutter and confusion. Using the standard Start /MIN isn't having an effect. Could be my mistake?

Some programs won't start minimized, so I wonder if these two are among them. Anyone know?

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Michael, Rather than explicitly starting DAX and CAT from a bat file (or whatever script you use), have them start automatically with SmartSDR. That way, they will start minimized. Check out section 8 of the SmartSDR user manual (V 3.1.7). It will guide you through the set up.

• Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭

Thanks much, Len.

It sort of can do it that way, although the main purpose was to allow people to use the interface on the radio, not SSDR on the computer. But yep, I have a separate batch file to launch and connect SSDR, and N1MM, and it does launch them minimized.

This is kind of "small steps" to get people who are intimidated by full blown computer interface SSDR. After they get addicted to the radio, I'm going to show them full blown SSDR on the dual monitor system. 😊

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Oh, I see... Can you do an after the fact minimize? I seem to remember having to do that with a program a looong time ago.

• Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭

Yes, I just click on the minimize dash in the CAT and DAX windows and it is good. It would be nice if they'd start minimized, but it's no show stopper. Thanks again, Len.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

There are available applications that will take apps such as DAX and CAT and reduce them so the are not on the normal task bar.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.