Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR V3.3.33 Successful upgrade

KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I just upgraded my 6400 from V3.3.32 to V3.3.33 without issue. The upgrade was quick and painless.

I had some hold-over DX spots that were unresponsive. I cleared all spots, closed SmartSDR and re-opened it and they were gone. All new spots seem to be working perfectly.

I will try a remote login using SmartLink later today. Since I did not have any of the issues affecting the 6300, 6500 and 6700 radios, I doubt that I will see any difference in my remote operation.

Comments

• Worked like a charm. Easy load from 3.3.32. Completely functional. Would love to know what caused this. Jim KD1I

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

Me too works great!

• Hardy
    Hardy Member ✭✭

Me too.

Update without issues.

Smartlink does work too.

• Lee, N2LC
    Lee, N2LC Member ✭✭

+1

• Dean Jacobsen
    Dean Jacobsen Member ✭✭

I am running v3.3.32 on a 6400M. In reading the announcement for the v3.3.33 upgrade, the fixes are for other versions of the FlexRadio family and my 6400M wasn't mentioned.

So, is the upgrade actually recommend for the 6400M as well. For me it appears that this is one of those "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" scenarios. My radio works fine now.

Regards,

Dean W6DBJ

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Similarly, my upgrade to 2.8.1 went completely uneventful. :-)

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Dean Jacobsen Flex says it's recommended for all. I'm running a 6600M. All went well.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Same here. I'm using a 6600M. I went ahead and did the update just in case there may be some undocumented improvements elsewhere in the firmware and SmartSDR.

I didn't experience any problems updating.

James

WD5GWY

• NT1K
    NT1K Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022

Upgrade went well on my 6400 but Smartlink still doesn't work. It was working prior to 3.3.32

Certain my port forwarding is correct as I have other things I access from the outside/internet and have no issues. On the Smartlink setup I've tried both "automatic" and "manual". Both don't pass the test. On my IoS client it does show port as -1

https://i.imgur.com/eVVftVw.png

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

@NT1K I would suggest submitting a help desk ticket. Flex will have seen this before and should be able to help.

• NT1K
    NT1K Member ✭✭

@KD0RC Thanks. I've re-read the changelog and there is a mention that if there is issues to "unregister" smartlink and re-register. I'll give that a shot when I get back to the QTH and double check everything before submitting a ticket.

TU DE NT1K

• Bogdan SP8BRE
    Bogdan SP8BRE Member ✭✭
    Updating without problems Maestro and Flex 6400 thank you Flex

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

Painless and quick upgrade for my Flex-6700 from v3.3.29 to v3.3.33, and so far everything seems to be working fine. Reference my Maestro(A), it took two tries to get my Maestro(A) to accept v3.3.33. The first upgrade attempt failed, but the second attempt was successful.

Thanks again to the Flex team!

Butch, KF4HR

• Ulf
    Ulf Member
    from release notes:

Please refer to the SmartSDR v3 Changelog for a complete listing of changes in the\nSmartSDR v3.3.33 release.

Where to find the changelog?
    73 Ulf, DL5AXX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.