Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lost Connection

Options

This morning I am experiencing a shutdown of SmartSDR as a result of a lost connection according to the error message.

I am using version 2.7.6 connected directly to the modem/router.

This just started and shuts down approximately every 12-15 minutes. CAT and DAX do not shut down, only SmartSDR.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mac W8LMG

Comments

• W8LMG
    W8LMG Member ✭✭
    Options

I will update this post once I determine if version 2.8.0 cures the problem. I was unaware the upgrade was available and have now completed installing it.

Mac W8LMG

• W8LMG
    W8LMG Member ✭✭
    Options

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I had a similar experience two weeks ago. I was a 2.4.10 user, preferring the way it dealt with profiles. I had already replaced my SD card once.

What I was told was that there was problem with all 2.x versions of SSDR prior to 2.8.0. Problems which can lead to corruption of the SD card.

Flex replaced my SD card at no cost, sending me a new card loaded with 2.8.0. I was further advised not to downgrade to an older version as 2.8.0 is the only version of 2.x that is currently supported. No problems for me since.

I share this info because loading 2.8.0 may not solve your problem if your SD card is already corrupted. You may need to submit a help ticket and get a new card.

Tim K9WX

• W8LMG
    W8LMG Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Tim. I have successfully downloaded and installed 2.8.0 and the problem persists.

I will contact Flex and see if I can have it resolved.

73, good DX,

Mac W8LMG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.